Serious injury can occur when a product has a design defect, a manufacturing defect, or does not provide sufficient instructions or warnings related to its use. When this happens, those responsible for the defect or deficiency also carry the liability or responsibility to compensate the injured parties for their losses.
Common Types of Product Liability Injuries
Product liability injuries cover a broad range of industries. The types of serious injuries that often result from product defects include, but are not limited to:
- Organ failure or death from pharmaceuticals
- Physical damage or death from hazardous chemicals
- Loss of limbs while using power tools or machinery
- Severe burns from flammable components
- Eye injury from projectiles
- Electrocution from equipment or systems
Was the Injury a Result of a Product Defect or Defect in Instructions?
When considering a product liability case, the key point is to demonstrate neglect on part of the manufacturer of the product. We ask questions like this for these types of neglect:
- Was there a design flaw in the product, which resulted in injury to the consumer?
- Did the manufacturing process cause a safety defect in the product?
- Were the instructions for use of the product inadequate, causing injury?
- Should there have been warnings to inform the consumer of possible injuries?
Don’t Settle for Less Than You Deserve
Many losses from injuries can span decades. Brain and nervous system injuries can require a lifetime of treatment and care. Loss of sight or loss of a limb affects every area of a person’s life, from employment to everyday activities. Severe burns are slow to heal; scarring can be disfiguring. When a product defect results in death, the loss to loved ones is immeasurable.
Injured individuals and families who have experienced loss are often encouraged to settle quickly with the insurance carrier. This can be a mistake. Never settle without receiving a free consultation from a trusted personal injury attorney.
Product Liability Attorneys that Care
The product liability attorneys at Conley Griggs Partin LLP are here to help. Contact us before making a settlement agreement. There will be no cost for our review of your major injury case. If we choose to take your case, you can trust us to put your interests first. We can even point you towards resources to help you during your litigation period. Contact us to schedule your free consultation.
Posted on behalf of